This site is a holdover from Github Pages and will soon transition over to a new framework.
Welcome to my website! I am Ned Ellis, a student at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign currently getting my B.S. in Computer Engineering. Lately, I have been interested in Distributed Systems, Virtualization (Languages and Systems), and Networking. In the past, I have made my own Linux Kernel, and am currently designing my own Programming Language. Sadly I do not have enough time to keep this blog up to date on a regular basis but check back semianually to see what I am up to!
Check me out on Github.
- Implementing a Interpreted Language in Rust Part 1
- Radical Ring Iterators
- Theseus' Bike
- Project Spectra: Part II
- Project Spectra: Part I
What this website is
- A collection of ideas, experiences and observations I found important enough to share.
- A tool to help me understand myself via reflection.
- A thread of unfiltered and untouched ideas to help you understand my way of thinking.
What this website is not
- Professionally oriented. If I'm discussing a technical subject it is because I actually find it interesting. If this were not the case, my website would likely be hosted on LinkedIn.
- A holistic view of Ned Ellis. Some experiences are hard to put into words, especially to strangers. This may change if I improve at writing or you get to know me personally.
- A compuer science blog. I swear I will try to broaden the topic list soon!
- Electric Longboards and Bikes (Vedder Electronic Speed Controller)
- X-Com, Kerbal Space Program, Faster than Light, Open TTD, Cities Skylines
- Speaker for the Dead, The Expanse, 2001 A Space Odyssey, Thunderbirds, Dune
- Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, Scott Manley, Alan Turning, John Von Neumann, Chris Lattner
- Madeon, Beach House, Flamingosis, Glass Animals, Childish Gambino, Anderson .Paak
- "Svelte" :: General Purpose Development Station || Hardware :: Macbook Pro 15" 2017 2.8 GHz Core i7, Radeon Pro 555, 16 GB RAM || Software :: Sublime Text 3 + HomeBrew + MacOS Mojave Beta 10.14
- "XPS" :: Linux/Windows/Experimental/Backup Station || Hardware :: XPS 13" 2016 2.6 GHz Core i5, 8 GB RAM || Software :: Vim + Pacman + Manjaro XFCE 17.1
- "Autumn" :: Docker/Media/Gaming Server || (WIP) Hardware :: Mini ITX 2016, 3.2 GHz Core i5, 8 GB RAM || (WIP) Software :: Vim + Apt + Ubuntu Server 18.0.4